To print a copy of this page click the button below OR select 'Print' from your 'File' menu.
Last Updated: June 19, 2023
For purposes of this Statement, personal information means data that classifies as personal information, personal data, personally identifiable information, or similar terms under applicable data privacy and security laws and regulations. It does not include data excluded or exempted from those laws and regulations. Nothing in this Statement will constitute an admission or evidence that any particular data privacy or information security law or regulation applies to Company generally or in any specific context.
1. You Consent to This Statement
You should read this Statement carefully, so that you understand our privacy practices. We recommend printing and retaining a copy for your future reference. By accessing, browsing, downloading, or otherwise using the Services, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed with this Statement. If you do not agree to this Statement, you may not use the Services.
This Statement applies regardless of how the Services are accessed and will cover any technologies or devices by which we make the Services available to you, including mobile devices.
We may provide you with additional privacy notices or terms where we believe it is appropriate to do so. It is important that you read this Statement together with any other privacy notice or terms we may provide on specific occasions, so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This Statement supplements these other notices and is not intended to override them.
If you have any questions or concerns about our personal information policies or practices, you can contact us in the methods described in the “Contact Us” section below.
2. What Types of Information Do We Collect?
We collect information you voluntarily provide to us directly, information that we collect automatically when you interact with the Services, and information collected from third parties. The categories of personal information that we collect and the purposes for which we collect that information are described below.
Categories of Personal Information We Collect
The following list describes the categories of personal information we may collect.
- Account Information includes name, zip code, country, email address, username, and password. We collect this information when you provide it directly to us. We collect this information for the purposes of account creation and management, analytics and research, customer service, marketing and advertising, newsletters and related communications, and rental/purchase of goods.
- Analytics Information. We may collect certain analytics information automatically as you navigate our Services. This may include cookies, tracking pixels, tags or similar tools, such as session replay technologies that may log how you interact with our Services. For more information, please view the “How Do We Use “Cookies” and Other Tracking Technologies?” section below. We collect this information for the purposes of analytics and research, customer service, marketing and advertising, newsletters and related communications, and website security and maintenance.
- Contact Information includes name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. We may also request and collect similar contact information regarding individuals you list as references. We collect this information when you provide it to us directly, such as when you make a purchase or fill out a form. We also may obtain this information indirectly from other sources including our service providers. We collect this information for the purposes of account creation and management, customer service, marketing and advertising, newsletters and related communications, and rental/purchase of goods.
- Commercial History includes information regarding the purchases you have made through our Services such as your lease or rental agreement number, item leased, payment information, and last transaction date. We collect this information when you provide it directly to us and through our ongoing interactions with you. We collect this information for the purposes of account creation and management, analytics and research, customer service, marketing and advertising, newsletters and related communications, and rental/purchase of goods.
- Demographic Information includes name, email address, place of employment, type of employment, industry, household income, race, age, and gender. We collect this information when you provide it directly to us, such as when you complete an application or take part in voluntary market research surveys. We collect this information for the purposes of account creation and management, analytics and research, marketing and advertising, newsletters and related communications, and rental/purchase of goods.
- Financial Information includes information that you provide regarding your lease or rental agreement and product interests, such as your Social Security number and information regarding your income, employment, and references. We collect this information for the purposes of account creation and management, customer services, analytics and research, and rental/purchase of goods.
- Interests and Preferences includes products that you may be interested in and information regarding alerts you may like to receive. We collect this information when you provide it directly to us and by analyzing your interactions with our Services. We collect this information for the purposes of account creation and management, analytics and research, customer service, marketing and advertising, newsletters and related communications, and rental/purchase of goods.
- Payment Information may include name, address, phone number, debit or credit card information, or information regarding any relevant rental or lease agreement. We collect this information when you provide it directly to us. We collect this information when you provide it directly to us. We collect this information for the purposes of account creation and management, customer service, analytics and research, and rental/purchase of goods.
- Digital Assistant Information includes information that you provide to us when you initiate or otherwise send a communication through the Digital Assistant, our automated chat function. Please note that by using the Digital Assistant, you are engaging with an automated program and not a real person, and we will record the conversation. Please also note that information relating to your communications may be shared with our service provider. We collect this information for the purposes of analytics and research and customer service.
- Responses to Surveys and Questionnaires includes any information you provide to us when you voluntarily complete market research surveys such as email address, place of employment, type of employment, industry, interests, household income, race, age, and gender. We collect this information when you provide it directly to us. We collect this information for the purposes of analytics and research, customer service, marketing and advertising, and newsletters and related communications.
- Social Media Information includes information that you post or share on a blog or other form of social media platform. We collect this information when you provide it directly to us. Please note that your comments may be visible to the public, so you should never share personal information that you would like to keep private. We collect this information for the purposes of analytics and research, customer service, marketing and advertising, and newsletters and related communications.
- Text Communications Program Information includes information obtained as part of our Text Communications program. For more information on this program, see our relevant Terms of Service. We collect this information for the purposes of account creation and management, customer service, marketing and advertising, newsletters and related communications, and rental/purchase of goods. However, Rent-A-Center does not share this category of information with third parties or affiliates for their marketing, sales, or advertising purposes.
Purposes for Collection of Personal Information
The following chart identifies the purposes for which we may collect your personal information, as well as information regarding our use and disclosure of that personal information. Please note that we may not collect each category of information about each user of our Services.undefined
Categories of Personal Information
Data Shared With Third Parties
Categories of Third Parties
Account Creation and Management
No / Yes
Newsletters and Related Communications
Yes / No
Rental/Purchase of Goods or Services
Yes / Yes
Marketing and Advertising
Yes / Yes
Analytics and Research
Yes / Yes
No / No
Website Security and Maintenance
No / No
Other Ways We May Collect, Use, or Share the Information
We may also reserve the right to collect, use, or share personal information for the following purposes:
- Based on your consent or direction. Throughout the course of using our Services, you may be provided with additional opportunities to consent to the disclosure of your personal information with various third parties. In these circumstances, the Company will provide you with clear and specific notice of the opportunity in order to obtain your consent.
- For legal purposes. We reserve the right to cooperate with local, provincial, state, federal and international officials in any investigation requiring either personal information or reports about lawful or unlawful user activity on this site. We also reserve the right to share your personal information to establish, exercise, or defend our legal and property rights, including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention. We may also share your personal information (i) if we are ordered by a legal process or government to do so, or (ii) with any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
- Business transactions or mergers. We reserve the right to share your personal information to third parties as part of any potential business or asset sale, merger, acquisition, investment, round of funding, or similar type of transaction. Additionally, if we are entering into a corporate transaction with a third party, we may receive personal information in connection with the diligence. If we close a transaction, the third party may transfer personal information, which we would use as described in this Policy.
- Bankruptcy or insolvency. In the event of bankruptcy, insolvency, or dissolution proceedings, we may share your personal information with third parties as part of the sale or reorganization process.
- Service Providers. With service providers who perform services on our behalf. Any such service providers will be under an obligation to us to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information.
- Our partners, affiliates, and subsidiaries. We may collect information from—or share information with—our partners such as market research firms, financial services partners, and our affiliates, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control. We may combine that information with other information we collect about you. Furthermore, all information gathered about you by the Company may be shared with any of the Company's current or future subsidiaries or affiliates.
We will not disclose your information except as provided for in this Policy.
3. How Do We Use “Cookies” and Other Tracking Technologies?
We may send one or more cookies to your computer or other device. We may also use other similar technologies such as tracking pixels, tags, or similar tools when you visit our Services. These technologies can collect data regarding your operating system, browser type, device type, screen resolution, IP address, and other technical information, as well as navigation events and session information as you interact with our Services. This information allows us to understand how you use the Services.
What Are Cookies?
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual needs;
- Contact you to provide you with information or services that you request from us;
- Advertise new content, events, and services that relate to your interests;
- Provide you with more personalized content that is most relevant to your interest areas; and
- Recognize when you return to our Services.
We set some cookies ourselves and others are set by third parties. You can manage your Cookies preference as described in the “Managing Your Cookies” section below.What Types of Cookies Do We Use and Why?
The following chart lists the different types of cookies that we and our service providers use on the Services, examples of who serves those cookies and links to the privacy notices and opt-out information of those cookie servers.
Types of Cookies
Who Serves (for example)
These cookies are required for the operation of the Services and enable you to move around the Services and use its features. Disabling these cookies can negatively impact the performance of Services.
These cookies are used to recognize you when you return to the Services. This enables us to personalize content for you and remember your preferences. These cookies also enable your interactions with the Services such as emailing us, enabling our chat services, and remembering your consent preferences.
Analytics, Performance, and Research
These cookies, beacons, and pixels allow us to analyze activities on the Services. They can be used to improve the functioning of the Services. For example, these cookies recognize and count the number of visitors and see how they move around the Services. Analytics cookies also help us measure the performance of our advertising campaigns to help us improve them and to optimize the content on the Services for those who engage with our advertising.
These cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content that you find interesting on our Services through third-party social networking and other websites. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes.
These cookies and pixels are used to deliver relevant ads, track ad campaign performance, or track email marketing.
We do not disclose information to any third party that identifies a specific person as having viewed specific video materials.How Long Do Cookies Stay on My Device?
Some cookies operate from the time you visit the Services until the end of that particular browsing session. These cookies, which are called “session cookies,” expire and are automatically deleted when you close your Internet browser. Some cookies will stay on your device between browsing sessions and will not expire or automatically delete when you close your Internet browser.
Some cookies will stay on your device between browsing sessions and will not expire or automatically delete when you close your Internet browser. These cookies are called “persistent cookies” and the length of time they will remain on your device will vary from cookie to cookie. Persistent cookies are used for a number of purposes, such as storing your preferences so that they are available for your next visit and to keep a more accurate account of how often you visit the Services, how your use of the Services may change over time, and the effectiveness of advertising efforts.
Managing Your Cookies
It may be possible to block cookies by changing your Internet browser settings to refuse all or some cookies. If you choose to block all cookies (including Essential cookies), you may not be able to access all or parts of the Services.
You can find out more about cookies and how to manage them by visiting
Does the Site Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals?
We respond to the Global Privacy Control ("GPC") signal. The GPC signal is a browser level signal that can reflect the desire to opt-out of having personal information shared or sold. Some browsers allow transmission of GPC signal. When you broadcast this signal, we will not transmit your personal information to third parties who perform analytics services or who advertise to you based on this information. Please note that your use of our website will still be tracked by the Company and its service providers who have agreed to limit their use of personal information.
4. Colorado, Connecticut, Utah, and Virginia Users’ Rights
Colorado, Connecticut, Utah, and Virginia residents have certain rights with respect to their data. These rights are established through the Colorado Privacy Act (“CPA”), the Connecticut Data Privacy Act (“CTDPA”), the Utah Consumer Privacy Act (“UCPA”), and the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (“VCDPA”). To exercise any of the following rights listed in the chart below, please visit us athttps://racbrandsprivacy.truyo.com/consumer/index.
Applies to Residents of:
Right to Know/Access
You have the right to confirm whether we are processing your personal data, and the right to access that data.
|Colorado, Connecticut, Utah, Virginia|
Right of Correction
You have the right to correct inaccuracies in your personal data, taking into account the nature of the personal data and the purposes of the processing of the personal data.
|Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia|
Right of Deletion
You have the right to delete your personal data provided by you or obtained about you.
|Colorado, Connecticut, Utah, Virginia|
Right of Portability
Up to two times per calendar year, you have the right to obtain your personal data in a portable and—to the extent technically feasible—readily usable format that allows you to transmit the data to another entity without hindrance.
|Colorado, Connecticut, Utah, Virginia|
Right to Opt-out:Virginia
You have the right to opt-out of the processing of your personal data for the purposes of:
Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia
Right to Opt-out:Utah
You have the right to opt-out of the sale of personal data or targeted advertising.
We will not knowingly collect or otherwise process your Sensitive Data, as defined under applicable state laws, without first obtaining your consent. Sensitive Data as defined in the CTDPA, UCPA, and VCDPA includes precise geolocation information. For the purposes of serving you relevant advertisements based on your location, we collect geolocation information to perform geofencing. We will not collect this information from Connecticut, Utah, and Virginia residents without first obtaining consent.
Exercising Your Rights
If you are a Colorado, Connecticut, Utah or Virginia resident and wish to exercise one of the above rights and it applies to you, please submit a request by visiting us at https://racbrandsprivacy.truyo.com/consumer/indexpage. or call us using the phone number listed in the “Contact Us” section below.
If necessary, we may request additional information reasonably necessary to authenticate you and your request.
In certain circumstances, you may make a request on behalf of another such as if you are an authorized agent or the parent or guardian of a child on behalf of whom you wish to exercise their rights.
We will respond to verified consumer requests, if applicable, within 45 days of receipt of the request and without undue delay. If we need to extend this period, we will notify you of the delay and explain the reasonably necessary justifications for our delay.
We will provide responses to your requests free of charge unless certain exclusions apply, depending on the state in which you reside. We may charge a fee in:
- Colorado, Connecticut and Utah, if you make more than one request in a twelve month period; and
- Virginia, if the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, or repetitive in nature.
Appealing a Rights Request Decision
If you are a resident of Colorado, Connecticut, or Virginia, and we deny or reject your request to exercise your applicable consumer privacy rights, you may appeal our decision. When this happens, we will send you an email informing you of our decision. The email will include a link that you can access in order to initiate the appeals process.
We will inform you in writing within 45 days of any action taken or not taken in response to the appeal. We will also provide a written explanation of the reasons for our decisions regarding your request(s).
5. Nevada Users’ Rights
6. Advertising and Marketing Choice
7. How Long Is Your Personal Information Kept
We will delete your personal information when it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, or upon your request, subject to exceptions as discussed in this Statement or under applicable law, contract, or regulation.
8. Our Commitment to Data Security
However, we cannot and do not guarantee complete security, as it does not exist on the Internet.
9. Third Party Links
10. Children’s Privacy
11. Policy Changes
This Statement may change from time to time. If we need to change this Statement at some point in the future, we will post any changes on this page. If we make a significant or material change to this Statement we will notify you via email. You should check these terms when you use the Site. Your continued use of the Site constitutes acceptance of the most current version of this Statement.