1. What information does the Company collect about you on this website and what does it do with the information?
Information You Provide Us
The Company collects personally-identifiable information that you provide on one of our many online forms. These forms include a rental order, sweepstakes registration, online specials or contact requests, and online surveys. The personally-identifiable information ("personal information" or "your information") collected on this website can include some or all of the following: your name, address, phone number, email address, birthday, social security number, income, employment information, references and information regarding your lease or mortgage and product interests.
Information We Collect From Your Browser
In addition to the personal information identified above that you provide us, the Company automatically collects and records data from our servers and from your browser when you visit this website, including your IP address, the time, and information about the page you requested and the website through which you were linked to our site, if any.
Also, your Internet browser has a feature called "cookies," which stores small amounts of data, on your computer, about your visit to our site. Cookies tell us nothing about who you are unless you specifically give us personal information. You do not need to have cookies turned on to visit rentacenter.com, however, some features of the site may not be available or work correctly without them. You may also elect not to allow cookies to be collected by selecting certain options on your browser.
In addition to cookies, we may use various other tracking technologies, such as web beacons, pixel tags, flash cookies, etc., in a variety of ways, including the following:
- keeping count of return visits to our site
- accumulating and reporting anonymous, aggregate (data collected in mass), statistical information on website usage
- recording whether an email we sent was opened
- tracking your navigation through our website; and
- determining which features users like best.
We may also attempt to identify your geographic location ( “geolocation” ) in order to present you with relevant pricing in your area and the location of nearby Rent-A-Center stores, as well as to better understand our customer base. You may decline our website permission to geolocate your computer by setting certain options in your browser or by not entering your zip code to select a local store. Please note that if you enter into a lease obligation with us online we require that you provide address information in order for us to process your transaction.
Do Not Track
At this time, we do not respond to "Do Not Track" signals your browser may send to our website, but we do provide you the option to opt-out of interest-based advertising. To learn more about interest-based advertising or to opt-out of this type of advertising, visit the Network Advertising Initiative website and the Digital Advertising Alliance website. Options you select are browser- and device-specific.
Other Website Analytics Services
- Digital service providers Appnexus, Bing, DV360, EMX, Exponential, Facebook, Google, Pandora may pass some or all info pertaining to these data types that is stored in Adobe Analytics.
- To learn more about Google’s privacy practices, click here. To access and use the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on, click here.
- To learn more about Crazy Egg’s privacy practices, click here. To opt-out of anonymous tracking and related analysis by Crazy Egg, click here.
- To learn more about Facebook’s privacy practices, click here. To opt-out of Facebook Ads based on website data received by Facebook Pixel, click here.
- To opt-out of having your browser navigation and click history tracked through our website, click here.
What Do We Do With The Information We Collect?
We use your personal information gathered on this website for a variety of purposes, including targeting specific customers for special offers. The data we collect is used to facilitate the processing of rental orders, process online payments, and to give us demographic information about our audience. We use this data to understand that audience and to improve our offerings to you, our customer. In addition, the personal information you provide allows us to inform you of additional special offers that may be forthcoming, send you coupons, or notify you of products and services of our affiliates that relate directly to your specific interests, hobbies or other information you have given.
2. With whom does the Company share the information?
3. How do I correct or update my personal information?
4. How does the Company protect the security of my personal information?
5. Does the Company's website link to other websites?
7. How does the Company handle children's privacy online?
8. Am I entitled to additional privacy rights under the laws of my State and how do I contact the Company?
If you are a Nevada resident, you have the right to request that the Company not sell your personal information to third parties. To submit this request, please visit www.rentacenter.com/privacyportal. However, please note that the Company does not sell, rent or trade your personal information to third parties.
If you are a California resident, please click here for more information about your privacy rights.Click here for information on how to contact our Customer Service Department with questions or comments.