Web Accessibility Initiative at Rent-A-Center
Rent-A-Center is committed to ensuring that our Web site is accessible to everyone. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding the accessibility of this site, please contact Customer Service, as we are continually striving to improve the experience for all of our visitors.
- Where possible, pages on this site follow most U.S. Federal Government Section 508 Guidelines
- Where possible, pages on this site follow priorities 1 & 2 guidelines of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
- Pages on this site validate as HTML 4.01
Web pages on www.rentacenter.com include 4 different areas:
- A 'top area' (or header) that includes the main navigation
- A 'side bar' that includes methods for initiating contact with Rent-A-Center
- A main content area that typically includes product information or other site content
- A footer that contains additional text links designed to make finding the information you want easier
When CSS (Cascading Styles Sheet) are not applied to a document (or when using a screen reader), the 4 areas are read in the above order.
Unless they are purely decorative items, all images used on this web site have suitable alt attributes that describe what the image represents. Content should be usable/accessible with images 'off' (disabled). The main navigation bar on this site uses text links that makes the links accessible to non-visual browsers.
Links are written to make sense out of context. URLs are permanent whenever possible.
All form controls are appropriately labeled. Form validation routine does not rely on client-side script.
This site uses cascading style sheets for visual layout. If your browser or browsing device does not support stylesheets at all, the content of each page is still readable. Any information conveyed through the use of color is also available without color (i.e. text based).